Friday 16 October 2015

Rain

The rain is a friend
that comes from above
sometimes we pick a fight
it is our wont;
she beats me, whips me
makes me feel dumb
What friendship is this?
What slavery is this?

Rain, rain
the daughter of nature,
come apologise
to the daughters of men,
don't stop
releasing you goodness
just halt
at the point of our weakness

I will take orders from you no more,
absolutism in friendship I refuse,
for years i was tricked; millennia
of grief
our friendship has made me
a man of troubles

This is man versus nature,
our presumed friendship now sour,
thank the heavens my eyes were opened,
thank the heavens i listened to the flowers

Dear rain of the twenty-first century, I
have taken off the garment of worship; the
daughters of men refuse to be controlled;
we detest curfews from friendships so-called


    -Olawale Ibiyemi

No comments:

Post a Comment