Friday 9 October 2015

Carelessness

If only the sun slept, and
the flowers forgot to bloom,
or the waves provided no surf;
then would I never leave my room

If death were only a myth, and
the earth merely a dream
or life's flames were never lit;
then would I never see my grim

Prickly pins pinch peace pith,
the truth is mean, it troubles my soul,
leave me lie, let me sleep
Why care I? Why run for gold?

Build me a castle, make
me it's queen, with
a lot of slaves be my eyes and ears,
dawn, twilight, let
them the worry
gleam, morning, let
me the riches,
the days will fly, hours
will creep, but
the grim I caused will never cease;
then I remember death is no myth, the
bridge of life has crumbled to bits, waters
below take me to sheol, the reason is this;
"I refused to care"


- Olawale Ibiyemi

No comments:

Post a Comment