Friday 12 August 2016

Three Dreams

              Part 1: Wild Encounters

Resting in my Mother's bosom,
Surrounded by Edenic trees,
The evening wind lulls me
To a Jonah-siesta;
Sometimes God is the wind,
    Sometimes he is not.
Sometimes the Devil also saddles
On the wind
And attacks man. Me. Man.

I am the afflicted.
The evening wind lulls me
To a Jonah-siesta;
And Satan light as a feather
Tickles my ears.
I smile.
I smile in my sleep.
Mother sees not Satan.
But i do, i see him, i see him
With my yin eyes.

The feather is a serpent's
tongue in my ear;
Sssssssssssssss...
          
               It strikes!

Fear wakes me,
This is the first dream.

              Part 2: Assassination

Running, running, running,
In Amazon-like jungle, and
Someone pursuing, pursuing;
I am prey.

I turn, i wait not, keep turning,
Leech on my thigh, don't care
Keep running,
Someone pursuing, pursuing;
I am the prey.

I see nothing...
The darkness is thicker
Than the sperm of a god,
I see nothing...
But run I will,
I won't stop running.

Trip. Tumble. Turn. Tumble.
Roll. Stone-to-head, head-to-stone
Bam! Bam! Bam!
I stop rolling.
My assailant has caught up with me,
Then heaven sneezes, and
Light cuts through the Darkness;
I see his face.
Ah!
      My friend!

This is the second dream.

              Part 3: Burial

32-carat gold coffin; there
I am lying in death, comfortable.
I am standing by my dead body,
Looking, puzzled, looking puzzled,
I am dead and alive,
I am alive and dead.
Should we resurrect the dead...
Or kill the living?

Family members wailing, ululation
For my sleep; terrible lullaby.
Can they not see me standing?

Stop crying, i'm right here.
Stop crying.
Please...

This is the third dream.

              Part 4: Fulfilment

Write the vision down,
That he may run that readeth it.
For the vision is yet
for an appointed time,
But at the end it shall speak,
And not lie: though it tarry,
Wait for it,
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry;

I didn't write my visions,
They didn't tarry;
Here I am, on an hospital bed
Poisoned by the atter
Of life's bullet
Life is my friend, a serpent,
And my coffin.

I didn't write my visions;
They didn't tarry.
My friend kissed my wife
And poisoned my tea...
Now i'm barely hanging onto life
With Death on my lips;

**Lick**

No comments:

Post a Comment