Friday 9 October 2015

Paranormal Conflict

The sparks I behold
come not from a camp fire trial,
not from the hunger's
gun, or the adventurer's match

The sounds I hear
do not fit into my library,
never captured by
memory; cries of fear and despair

The stench I perceive
ooze from mystic places,
the olfactories are thrown into
confusion; the stench is paranormal

I have seen the unseen, heard
the unheard, I
have perceived that which
no man has; surely death must be a stone throw

But before I am stung,
Before the scorpion arrives, I
must tell all men
that which I have seen;
the die is cast,
the mystics are warring; the
Sparks hail from swords, the
Sounds; of conflicting spirits,
the stench belongs
to the dead;  this is a morgue
of angels and demons
Adieu.


       -Olawale Ibiyemi

No comments:

Post a Comment