Thursday 12 May 2016

21st Century Slavery

                                              I
Oppressed , we were, yet
in love we are
with our oppressors-
the dungeon, the dungeon
is a palace,
give me for meat
my daughter's eyes
on a plate of rice
garnish it please,
with her liver.
Thanks.

Fill also my cup
with her blood, and
leave me drink till my
stomach groans.

                                           II
Oppressed , we were, yet
in love we are
with our oppressors-
Long live the Queen!
that stripped me of me
and whipped my son
till his blood turned black
as coal
in his veins.

I am a king. I am a king
who eats bones for meat.

                                      III
Oppressed, I am, yet
in love I am
with my oppressors-
My sandals are green
with algae that breathes
coldheartedness
into my lungs.

I will kill  my brother's brother
and will pretend
my brother did it.

                                  IV
My brothers are girls
with espenes-
they're in love
with their oppressors-

So,
they bury their will
they bury their zeal
and wag their tails
to their oppressors.

No comments:

Post a Comment